1. There is a bug bite on my elbow. In December. Why does that feel so wrong?
2. I accidentally left steamed broccoli in my purse. As opposed to deliberately, right? As if there is a conscious decision, in life, to choose whether to leave broccoli in your purse or not.
There is more to the story but let’s just say that the purse, despite my best efforts, is destined for the trash.
That stench is permanent.
3. Can someone PLEASE come over and show me how to properly fold a fitted sheet?
4. AMELIORATES…seriously, the best word I have seen used in a sentence in a very long time. So much better than the word “improves”
5. Corrigan had a checkup at the Hopkins clinic this week. There were some hiccups. Some frustrations. None having to do with the little man himself. He was awesome. We did not get an accurate ammonia number, nor spoke to a doctor for the third visit in a row, but his other numbers look great…in fact, they are so pleased with his metabolic control that they are willing to spread out his appointments to every EIGHT weeks.
It is hard to believe that for the first 15 weeks of his life we were going down weekly. Then twice a month for months and months…and now we are graduating to every two months. I would say that Corrigan is doing amazingly well, wouldn’t you?
We are thrilled.
That first year, just like the experts warned us, was brutal. I wouldn’t wish it on anyone…but there is an end in sight. At least a respite.
I am sure I could work the word “amelioration” into this segment…but lets face it…it is late…and I am lazy.
6. There is so much furor over the removal of “Merry Christmas” from the secular Christmas retail dialogue.
Most of what is going on, at malls and Walmarts, has nothing to do with Christ. I believe that Jesus is appalled at the buying and selling done in His name this time of year. Do you recall the anger He had when he discovered the banking taking place in His Father’s house?
Matthew 21:12-13 (King James Version)
12And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves, 13And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.
Here is my simple opinion even though I really want to say more.
Our job is not to bring people to CHRISTMAS…we should be focusing on bringing people to CHRIST.
7. Finally, I read so many “mom blogs” throughout the course of the day and I really enjoy the blogs that teach me how to be crafty, how to be frugal and give out great advice on things like housekeeping.
I said that I “enjoy” them. I did not say that anything “sticks”
It has made me realize that I have pretty much nothing to add in the realm of “advice” except this one amazing tip.
If you are short on room for your bathtowels, whether in a linen closet or on a shelf above your toilet…fold those puppies up into stacks of threes or fours, place them on your bed and then sit on them.
10 seconds should do it.
This only works if you dislike fluffy towels…and weigh as much as I do.
I am here to help.